In the first episode of the RFCPodcast, Chris and John talk about why they started this concept, where it came from, and the importance of keeping your goals in mind at every point of your career.
- Who we are
- What we do
- What we’re going to talk about this episode: ‘Why this podcast’
What have we been up to
- Working on updates to the EDD Software Licensing
- Post Promoter Pro 2.3 roadmapping
- Setting up RFCPodcast.com
- Install Ninjas
- Career Videos
Why this podcast
- What’s the aim
- 99% of the time you have a career, not a home run
- How we came up with the concept
- Why it’s important to stay connected
- Where is your career going?
Related Reading from Chris
- Joel on Software – Joel Spolsky: Fog Creek & Stack Overflow
- Being Geek – Michael Lopp: Rands in Repose blog
- The Clean Coder – Robert C. Martin: Co-Author of the Agile Manifesto and wrote the Clean Code
What are you reading?
- Chris – Share, Retweet, Repeat: Get Your Message Read and Spread by John Hlinko
- John – Learning Java by Building Android Games by John Horton